Sunday, January 24, 2010

Meaningful Words

I can't help but post the poem Travis wrote and gave to me as a gift over the holidays along with a beautiful necklace (he got it from Jared) that symbolizes that I have his heart. A few days later he gave me a letter accompanied with a beautiful Citizen watch. I must say I felt like a princess to be lavished with such gifts of words and jewelry. I can't begin to share how meaningful it was to read the words he wrote me. I didn't know it, but they were words I needed to hear.

Because of Who You Are

Because of what you do today
My history is changing.
Because of what you do not say
I understand forbearance.
All that you see that's good in me
Is because of who you are.

Because your smile pales the sun
I'm willing to be foolish.
Because you've proven you're the one
I don't need to think of others.
And any joy that I might bring
Is because of who you are.

Because your arms are life to me
I've held on to romancing.
Because your eyes have made me see
I look to you for guidance.
With any wisdom that I lead
Is because of who you are.

Because you are my wife today
I can stand and face tomorrow.
Because your love will never sway
I can always be transparent.
And any strength that I can be
Is because of who you are.

Because of the warmth that's in your heart
I can always sense forgiveness.
Because of your mercy from the start
I can begin to see who God is.
All of the kindness that I've shown
Is because of who you are.

Because of the beauty that's in your face
I do heartily adore you.
Because of your sacrifices of grace
I am learning I can give more.
And I only know what love is
Because of who you are.
Travis 2009


He really has great taste....I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment