Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Back into the Sewing of Things!

Yay! I'm finally back into the sewing of things!

I needed maternity shorts, so I went thrifting and found these here Liz Lange Target maternity shorts for $3.00 (retail $25). A metal button was missing on one of the back pockets, so I removed the other one and replaced them with some vintage navy buttons! Simple and much cheaper solution!

Then I also had a pair of maternity jeans already and bought another from a thrift store...cut them off and made Bermuda shorts! I actually made three pairs, but the other ones were in the wash... Once again, a simple and cheaper solution!

During my sewing fun, I did a pile of mending for a friend. She had this little dress of her daughters which had a stain on it. She thought maybe I could just cut and hem it into a shirt. Well, I cut it, but too short...so I transformed it into a dress using the pant legs from the maternity jeans I cut for shorts!

Finally, I had to reattach one of the straps on this dress and I noticed it had a stain (where the heart it), so I applied this "snapplique"! Turned out quite adorable.


So now I'm on to cutting up sheets, hemming them, and hanging them as curtains in my living room and bedroom. Walmart cheap sheets turn curtains...so much cheaper than purchasing ready-made curtains, or large amounts of fabric to make them from scratch. Pictures to come!

Then from there I will work on and hopefully finish my "vintage hankie" rag quilt for my bed! I'm on a roll and loving it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment