Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Peace in the Storm

Have the past months been easy? Doubt it! Like I said….bittersweet….not easy. But are all good things easy? No, they’re not. Moving to Texas has been an experience I would describe with the well-known phrase, “peace in the storm”. We have faced great difficulties within our hearts, but yet at the same time have experienced the peace that comes from knowing you are being led by the Lord. Quite honestly I never knew moving away from everything that I’ve known my whole life would be so difficult. During the time of preparing to move I had created a great fantasy movie in my head as to what life would be like. (I do that…fantasize…and it usually sets me up for a big ole let down.) Well, needless to say, I forgot to use imperfect, sinful people and a fallen world in my fantasy movie. Ouch!

Like I said, the difficulties have been a matter of the heart not the physical. The lessons the Lord has taught me personally could only be learned by moving me a thousand miles away from my comfort zone and everything that was familiar and safe to me. Boy He knows just what He’s doing and just how to get your attention. As I share some of the lessons He has so graciously taught me, you will begin to see how they are things I would have had a hard time learning had I remained where I was. I can’t express enough how the Lord has so tenderly and specifically cared for us over these past months and how grateful I am for His abounding grace accessible to me at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment