Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bittersweet beginnings...

New beginnings….how bittersweet they are. It was exciting to think about “starting over” in a “new” place. I never in my life had a significant thought about Texas. The only thing related to Texas I ever really had a thought about was the city of Dallas…whenever I heard it mentioned throughout my life I would be reminded of the show my mom use to watch when I was little.


Well, not anymore. We now call the Dallas/Fort Worth area our home. We live just north of Dallas…minutes away…in a town called Prosper. What moved us?....the Lord of course! Without going into all the details leading up to the move, let me share with you just a couple highlights. At the time, we had been driving almost an hour to a church in Winona Lake, Christ’s Covenant Church, that was in the “adoption” process with the Sovereign Grace Ministries. Travis had prayed and searched for jobs in that area to move us closer, but that wasn’t God’s plan. The Lord confirmed our felt need to be under the Sovereign Grace Ministries and He did this by bringing a job offer to Travis that would move us a thousand miles away from family and friends, but yet even closer to a Sovereign Grace Church. Now, I don’t recall telling the Lord that moving a thousand miles away from absolutely everything that was familiar to me just to get me closer to a strong local church would be okay, but I guess I get to see once again that His ways are not ours. He answered our prayers and surprisingly I am delighted He answered the way He did. There is a peace and comfort that comes when He confirms His will for you as you are attempting to discern His will for your life.




1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if we can live this way.
    I miss you guys to much.

    ReplyDelete