Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Diaper Bag and Accessories...They're Done!


Here it is....my first attempt at a diaper bag! I didn't use a pattern, but was inspired by a friends tote bag...hence, I created my own pattern. The sides and bottom are all one piece. Obviously it has a flap...and the handle I made separate sewed it in when I closed up around the top of the bag. You can't tell in any of the pictures, but the handle is wider at the bottom and becomes narrower where it sits on the shoulder. I made it to have five pockets inside and lined the entire inside with plastic. It was quite a mind boggling project for me, but once it was cut and I began sewing it all began to make sense. I think I could do it again with much less strain on the brain. I like it and am very pleased with the results.


Here's a little peek inside...

Nursing cover...

Diapers and travel wipes pouch... I had planned on putting a handle on the side, but forgot and just made the handle like this... It works :o)

And here is my attempt at covering a travel wipes case....they call it a "baby wipes clutch". I didn't have any black rope ribbon so the gold and cream had to do. I just couldn't resist trying.


4 comments:

  1. Oh my word Nicole! That is adorable! People would pay serious money for a bag like that! You are amazing! So talented!
    ~Michelle (via Rob's google account) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...thank you Michelle...you are too kind! I still have much to learn, but enjoy sewing bunches! Praise the Lord for giving us various talents...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOOOOVE it!! You are so talented and creative!! I love the fabrics you picked and the fun black trim you put on the bag and pouch!! Did I tell you that I LOVE it?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! You've become quite a seamstress! I'll be praying for you, Ira, and everyone these next few days!

    ReplyDelete