Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Most Recent Creations...

Here are my most recent creations...

I finally finished the girl's piano bags I had cut out long before their birthdays in November. Their grandma ended up sending piano bags to them for their presents though...so I was in no big hurry to get them done. Now they just have an extra bag to tote their books and things around in. I thought it was going to be difficult to sew, but it ended up being rather easy. The hardest part is cutting everything out....it just takes so much time. Sewing them took no time at all. They love them!


Here is what I call a "sword sheath" or you could call it a "verse purse". I have always desired to take the advice to write Scripture that I want to memorize on index cards and keep them with me throughout the day to refer to and memorize...well...that suggestion is great and all, but not real practical for me considering I don't usually have any way of keeping them on me because I wear stretchy pants so often...I like to be comfortable :o) So, in an attempt to fight against the sin that so entangles me daily, I have thought of a more practical way for me to "keep His Word with me"..... and since The Word is referred to in the Bible as a "sword" that is where I came up with calling it a "sword sheath". I just wear it like a necklace throughout the day. I just used old jeans I cut up, ribbon, and added a little bling to dress it up a bit. I also thought, if you didn't want to go through the trouble of making something like this, you could buy one of those things you can wear around your neck that has a clip hanging from it and just attach the index card(s) to it and then you could just turn it around and look at it easily. Where do you get these little "things" I'm referring to? I don't know...good question. I am on a quest though and will share if I find what I'm talking about.




This here is an owl adhered to a long-sleeve onesie. I got the idea from another site...but the owl was on sewn coasters. I just bought some fusible web (Steam-a-Seam...you can get it cheapest at Joann's or from Hobby Lobby) and used it according to the directions. I cut out my owl first, without hemming any edges, and followed the directions of the webbing. It makes a permanent bond so the fabric doesn't fray. I love it! I can't wait to make other things using this idea. You can use this fusible web on fabric, paper, and more... I can't wait to make birds, elephants, flowers...oh my just so many options... Good craft idea for kids too! Mine will sure enjoy this.


That's it! I will share more as I create....

1 comment:

  1. I love wonder under for appliques!!!! I love the owl!!!! Thanks for sharing your crafts, I love seeing others :)

    ReplyDelete