Thursday, February 11, 2010

Recent Snapshots in February 2010

Here's Travis on our big love seat with three little readers...I seriously don't know what my kids would do without books!

My sweet Elise working on her math during school...can you tell if she likes it or not?

My two tiny readers...this is what Emma does when she's finished with her school...she reads ALL DAY!...this girl is addicted to books! She actually reads my teacher instructions during her lesson...it is amazing how quickly she picked up on it. BTW I use The Ordinary Parents Guide to Teaching Reading by Jessie Wise and Sara Buffington. I used this program with both girls and they have become excellent readers quickly. Emma is reading words we haven't even gotten to in our book. I'm so thankful they love to read! It's not because I'm a good teacher...it's only by God's grace...may He alone be glorified. May Oliver follow in their footsteps.

Oliver is attacking Daddy from behind...

Each of the kids just got their magazines in the mail...they couldn't wait to read them...so they all had a seat and they each read OUT LOUD their magazine (Avrie read to himself). Thanks Grandma for your generosity and providing these for them! We are grateful for you.

A little fun in the toy basket. I believe Emma stuck him in there and piled his toys up on him. He definitely enjoyed himself.


These are the beautiful long-stem roses that were delivered to me today from my sweet husband. Completely unexpected and so beautiful. He is so good to me. Such a sweet gift from the LORD. I'm so blessed.


3 comments:

  1. you did this post just to brag about the roses didn't ya? haha. what a sweetie! way to go, travis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, it's erin. sorry, guess i'm logged in to dru's gmail acct.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I knew you were doing a classical education, but are you using The Well-Trained Mind then too? We switched and began using that this school year too. Great posts! I'm going to have go through and catch up on your posts. So glad to hear you're doing well. Super gifts too.

    ReplyDelete