Friday, March 19, 2010

Baby Shower Gift


These first two pictures have horrible lighting...so sorry for that. Anyway, my friend, Jessica and I went in together on a baby shower gift for a friend of ours that is having triplets! How exciting! We decided to fill a handmade bag with goodies...she purchased...I crafted and assembled. It was fun to share in the gift giving...two minds are much better than one. It's so cool how the Lord uses each of us in our gifts to love another. The first two pictures are the card I created using the same fabric I used on the rest of her gifts. It was quite fun to do this...I used the wonderful steam-a-seam sheets to adhere the fabric to the front of the card...adding stitching around for a little detail and then I just used a glue stick for the inside details. Now I have many ideas going through my head for fabric cards....



I made a "sword sheath" for her. We felt it would be a good tool to give a new mother to help keep the verses the Lord will use to keep her encouraged near to her throughout the day and suggested that it could be used to keep prayer cards in it too.


I love this fabric! Here is the nursing cover. She is planning to nurse her three little blessings. We think that's great.

Here is the travel diaper and wipes pouch. I decided to add a handle to it to make it easier to carry. And this time I used a magnetic snap for the closure.


Here's the bag itself. I lined it with plastic and made it nice and deep.
We filled the bag with the above items along with a bottle of water, hand sanitizer, lip balm, breath mints, travel tissues, Arm & Hammer diaper sacks with travel dispenser and the book Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian.

We decided to make the bag itself the gift bag and just fill it with tissue and attach the card to the strap using ribbon. We really liked how it turned out and prayed that it would be seen as provision from the Lord for her.

I shared this gift idea to give those reading this post another idea. Hope it inspires someone in their future gift giving and making. May the Lord alone be glorified for the gifts He gives through His people. He is the Provider of all.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE it!!! I am scared to try my hand at bag making, but maybe it is time! I have made nursing covers and wish I would have had one when mine were little :) Awesome job once again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super job, Nicole! Crafting with a purpose is so much more fun than just crafting for creativity's sake. Keep up the great work. So glad you and Ira are doing well.

    ReplyDelete