Monday, March 22, 2010

Transformed Thrift T-Shirts


I got the idea to do these while browsing the blogs I follow. The blog that inspired these is Max and Ellie. Here is their link: http://maxandellie.blogspot.com/ The girl's t-shirt design came from them and Avrie's t-shirt design was his own idea. I made templates of the designs with paper and then cut each separate section of the design out, next I cut each section out of the fabric, then I placed the fabric design on my steam-a-seam paper and cut around them....finally, I placed them on the t-shirt (they stick with the steam-a-seam) and once I had them where I wanted them, I ironed them to the shirts. I could have just left them that way, but I decided to stitch around them...using zig-zag on the cupcake (very difficult...need some more practice) and regular stitch on the other two designs.

There is one more thing I need to tell you. These were t-shirts purchased at a thrift store sidewalk sale for .25 cents each....now they are transformed. This would be a good idea to use to cover up stains too...the possibilities are endless.

Emma wanted a "pupcake"...

Here's a close up...

Elise chose the tree with a bird...


And here is Avrie's creation. He wanted snake eyes...so we searched the web and I traced one off my screen and this is what he wanted.

2 comments:

  1. I love wonder under!!! It's amazing what you can do with it! Love the shirts, my boys don't care for me to applique for them, but I do love doing it for friends' little girls :) Love the cupcake, I might have to "steal" that one from you :)

    ReplyDelete